Sunday, December 18, 2011

Rockin' Around The Christmas Tree

There are several Christmas-season songs I can't handle and the Amy Grant version of "Rockin'" is one of them (the Top 3 including "Little Drummer Boy" and "Santa Baby"). 

But that is not the point.  The POINT is that we purchased our tree much later than usual and the kids were starting to freak out.  Who am I kidding?  I was starting to freak out.  I barely decorate for Christmas, mostly because I'm too lazy and I hate having to undecorate from Christmas.  So I don't.  But the tree.  The Tree!  There must be a Christmas tree because just having the Nativity set out all by itself seems so...lonely.

The first weekend of December was consumed with family stuff, John was out of town the second weekend, and this past weekend was going to be crazy, what with Annie's first birthday (oh, I feel a little ill thinking about my baby getting older) and all.  So John decided to leave work a bit early on Tuesday to get a tree.  He and three of the kids drove off in the rain and returned not 40 minutes later with a beaut. 

Were we all excited? Yes!  So excited we (kidlets) decided to do a Christmas tree dance?  Yes!  John brought the tree in, set it in the tree stand, left to do...something...and we heard war whoops coming from the front.  My spazzy kids were doing laps around our Tannenbaum, chanting "Running around the Christmas tree" over and over and over again.

They're crazy.





We obviously released this guy from the netting and were impressed with ourselves by only taking four days to get it decorated.  I did say I was lazy, right?

No comments: