Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Indoctrination

I took the kids to the high school track awhile ago to run the crazy out of them.  They're always asking question after question after question about the place anyway, and since we had absolutely nothing {free}to do, it seemed like a reasonable idea to pile everyone into the car and pop over to check it out.  I hadn't seen the new field anyway, so I figured it would be a winner.  It was.


Of course they HAD to run the track (they didn't know it was the only option), which led to "Running On The Track 101".  It was one of the few times they have ever been slightly fascinated with what was coming out of my mouth.  Annie didn't care to stay in her lane.  Everyone else was thrilled to have something that was all theirs.


Yes, I know it isn't the true 100m start.  It was hot, they had already passed it, and I was already flirting with irritating them.  So we compromised to try our first "Runners to your mark" stance.  They thought they were they were so speedy-quick.  Kidlets, Momma won't make you run, but maybe you could humor me for a season or two? Please?


Can't go to a stadium without jumping and rolling and cartwheeling in the end zone.  It's so super-cool. They thought, and still believe, they are super-cool. 

Got to get 'em hooked while they're young. :)




No comments: