Saturday, November 9, 2013

Just A Little Obsessed

Even though the show is so scripted, I love to watch House Hunters.  I hate to make John suffer through it with me, so I don't watch it very often, but I did catch an episode a couple weeks ago that sent me to my thinking seat.  The short of it: the couple ended up buying an old fire station (!) and I now believe such a building would be nearly perfect for the Laird 7.  What sold me?  Two things:

1. The bay.  One stinkin', enormous, high-ceiling'd room.  It takes the "great room" and "open concept" ideas to a new level. 

2. The lovely, oh-so-lovely, dorm-like bathroom.  5 sinks (yay!), three stalls, three showers, and a urinal.  Now, some people think a urinal is either gross or not that neat.  I don't deny the potential for gross, but I would still love to have one for my boy. 

So now I daydream about how fun it would be to convert a firehouse. 

Silly, I know. But cool.




No comments: