Wednesday, July 6, 2011

I Do Not Heart Great Clips

We got a free hair cut the other day because my son's perfectly lovely locks were destroyed by Great Clips. We take the kids there because of one reason only: we don't need an appointment. In this house, appointments sometimes have to be last-minute cancelled because someone either: threw up, accidentally destroyed something or made an unholy mess, or I simply forget.

Now, I don't expect my children to look perfectly coiffed after their cut. I get it that they are kids and they tend to unpredictably whip their heads around (which is how Johnny lost his side-burns from the last disaster), can't hold their head steady long enough or at the right angle to get everything perfectly even, or the stylist is fresh out of school or is having a rough day. I get it.


What I don't get is why my son looks like someone took a weed whacker to his head and did a crappy job of it to boot. Johnny has (had) envious hair. It's crazy thick and has just the right amount of curl so it would turn out under a baseball cap if we allowed it to grow out. In fact, it's so thick it's hard to get completely wet to wash for baths...sort of like a Labrador.

And just because pics are necessary:


I don't get the front. And he is so sweet and happy and oblivious.


Ridiculous.


Not the best angle...

Ainsley was just in awe and kept rubbing her hand up the back.

6 comments:

BKicklighter said...

I could have done better than that and that's scary!

Emily said...

Oh no!! I can't believe that was done by someone who gets paid to cut hair. Poor Johnny...glad he's still in the age of oblivion!

Tracie said...

So sorry. We were getting not what we wanted from hair cuts, so I started cutting just the right amount off so it doesn't look like he doesn't have curls. I think I do a better job. :)

Barry and Graham said...

Sounds like you need to take him to Tracie next time :) No one but Janessa at the Hairy Elephant touches AJ's hair - and I mean no one!!! At least it's summer - it will grow back quickly. I was just looking at VBS pictures of Johnny for the Clarion and LOVING his long hair!!! We aren't making you feel better are we....

Rebecca said...

"Just the right amount of curl so it would turn out under a baseball cap." love it! And I also agree about GC. I had to cut off a rat tail of my own once last year.

Ariana said...

That is HILARIOUS! Although I do understand the whole mother with her son's hair thing. At lease John didn't do it while you were gone :)