Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Shutting It

My mouth, that is.  I have a wicked tongue and the "is it true, kind, or necessary" stuff is a struggle, especially the "necessary" part. Oh, and the "kind" section too.  Sometimes I have to physically remove myself from a situation to avoid saying something destructive. Not painting a pretty picture, am I? 

Case in point: I had an encounter with a teacher this morning (no, not one anyone knows so rest easy) and it ended up I discovered I was right.  Even if I had been in the wrong, the attitude I was handed was unpleasant and nothing gets me rankled so easily as attitude. But as it turns out, I was right and I really wouldn't care, but I was made to question myself and to feel like a flaky, disorganized and generally clueless parent (all things I am guilty of at times) and I clearly wasn't.  This time.

So I'm having difficulty letting this one go and even came up with a sweet way of making sure she knew I really wasn't being an idiot, but is it necessary to do say something? No, it is not. I have a wise husband who reinforced the idea that to address it would not help, and he is right.

It's so hard.  So very, very hard.

Big deep breath and sigh...

No comments: