Saturday, July 26, 2008

A little sad (and this is totally pathetic)

J and I celebrated our 12th anniversary a night early and, while we had a great time eating too many wings, it was a little depressing for me to come home. You see, our usual babysitter leaves for college soon and we LOVE HER!!!! She lives right across the street and I can't even tell you how many times I've called her to come over for anywhere from 5 minutes to 1/2-hour. We've been unbelievably spoiled and it's ending. Yes, there are other babysitters in the neighborhood, but no one like M. She doesn't take any junk from the kids (not that the trips offer too much yet, but they don't frazzle her), she taught AC how to write her name in one night, she got AC to go potty at someone else's house (had NEVER happened before), blah, blah, blah. She has a car seat for AC permanently in her car and the two of them will just go on errands together. It's very sad and, yes, I realize I'm being selfish. In fact, a not-so-small part of me wishes M had chosen to go to a school in town (purely for my benefit). But COME ON!!!!

No comments: