Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Just A Little Sigh.

The other day I was asked if I was pregnant (I'm not). This was not the first time I've fielded this query since having the littlest ones, mind you, and I'm surprisingly not mortified. The reason I'm not offended is that I sort of look like I'm an easy 4 months along because of my "triplet tummy". Lots of us triplet moms have The Tummy and it is because our abs took a psycho amount of abuse during the long, long weeks we carried our sweet babies. Outside of medical intervention (the likelihood of which is pretty silly), my anti-six-pack is here to stay.

It makes me wonder, though, how many people have wanted to ask? It isn't as though the ones that did are freaks or utterly clueless (one was even a mom of two) and if they felt it was obviously safe, how many others? That's the only part that's sort of a downer. Hence, just a little sigh.

1 comment:

Clan Goodrich said...

The few pics I have seen of you I see no traces of a triplet tummy! :) Me on the other hand -- literally look like I am 6 months pregnant. I think it is part of my hang up with not finally bearing down and losing my final baby lbs (or just an easy excuse). I think I am so afraid of what it is going to look like when I lose some weight.

I haven't been asked yet...but I am sure it is coming. That, and wearing maternity pants/shorts 24/7 doesn't help!