Thursday, August 14, 2008

Melancholy

I used to coach high school track and cross-country. I managed to do this when I had AC and it was so fun to bring her to practice - she thought she owned the high school where I coached. I wish I could bring all the kidlets, but nothing would get done and it wouldn't be fair to the athletes.

Anyway, practice for Fall sports started this past Monday and I really miss coaching. I miss my girls (even the ones that drove me bananas). I miss practice. I miss the anxiety/excitement/hope of the meets. I miss seeing my girls at the starting line, so proud of them for working so hard to get there, and I miss watching them finish the race, so proud of them for taking the risk of running harder than they ever had in their lives.

I'm a bit sad this week and can't wait until I coach again.

No comments: