Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Reality Check

I get a lot of these in my life and, believe it or not, I actually pray for them because I know my heart and all the pride, envy, and lack of thankfulness it holds. There's a blog I visit regularly (Multiple Baby Pileup), mostly because the writer is another triplet mom whose babies were born shortly before mine. There is a big difference, however, in that only two of her children survived. The third, sweet little Jack, died a few months later of a rare congenital disease called Mobius Syndrome.

We share similar stories until then, our age range, infertility, triplets, and a GGB pregnancy (that's Girl Girl Boy for the singleton parents) that held on for a long time. All of that ends, though, with the loss of her baby. Only she didn't "lose" him. I hate that "loss" business when we talk about death. Anyway, her grief is eloquently and honestly written and helps keep me in check when I take my 4 healthy children for granted.

I was complaining today because Lizzy is sick and we're making the 5th doctor's visit in 2 weeks. We are frequent fliers there and are recognized by the staff. We deserve our own waiting room. Because of my complaining to my husband, myself, and inadvertently to God, I checked on this mom's blog and was brought to tears and confessional prayer by her entry.

No comments: